COMMENTS FROM FACEBOOK
Stall holder – The Kitchen Company – JD Well done for a brilliantly organised event , ran like clockwork. Even the ” weather” only got as far as Lewes. You all deserve a large one ! Cheers xx from the garden kitchen co. X
SH Village Hall Team – ST Well done to all you organisers!
HCPT Charity – TB It was fantastic
Stall holder – MBL Fabulous day thank you so much for having me.
Congratulations on such fab event, felt like a happy community to be involved with. Please can I come back next year x
Remember Spencer Charity – AR Thank you Tricia and all your committee, amazing organization and what an amazing day x
FADS Helper – JA Well done everyone another great day organised and the lay out was fantastic
Kelly Akilli We all had great fun, as always xxx
KJ You done brilliant was a good day x
DD Well done Tricia. I’ve noted the date for next year. Maybe I should start getting ready now lol x
FL Really really lovely afternoon spent. Well done all who organises it, it was fantastic!! X x
SL – You are quite simply awesome ! Big pat on the back for you and all of your family , friends and community that support you and helped make today a great success again.
GL We had a great afternoon, as always! Loved the new addition of the bungee trampolines! Charlie had a fab time on there. Xx
GC Thank you Tricia and your team for another fantastic day. Well done.
KP Well done Tricia and Cliff.Great video once again.We thoroughly enjoyed the day.We always do every year x
A HUGE THANK YOU to Tommy The Legend for another superb video of the day.
Well the banners are down & the bunting put away for another year!
What a TEAM! What a day! And what amazing weather!
So many to thank including:
• The committee members for all their effort in pulling together another fantastic event
• Keith our fantastic compere for keeping the day running smoothly
• Danni for the smooth running of the Craft Fayre
• The wonderful FADS ladies who manned the main tent
• The lovely ladies running the bar, Sue, Ali, Lou & Amanda amazing as ever!
• Our Bouncy Castle champions – Keith & Marcus, Sharon & Steve
• James for organising the Word Record Attempt
• Our World Record helpers Ange & Jilly
• The World Record witnesses and stewards
• The Denton scouts for a buzzing BBQ
• The Church Team for running the raffle
• The Church ladies for all the tea & cakes
• Our photographer Gary – We can’t wait to share the photos!
• Tommy the Legend for Videoing the Event
• The SH Village Hall team for help setting up and taking down
• And Cliff & Richard for all their hard work
• Stuart & Ant & JJ and all the other helpers who helped us on the field
• Karina from Corinthians for running the arena
• Special thanks to Nelly for the bacon sandwiches
• The Drummers, the dancers, the Zumba Team, Scrivens, the princesses for their amazing displays
And finally HUGE THANKS to our AMAZING Community for coming along and taking part in the day! You are ALL Awesome!
See you next year!
A date for your diary – Saturday 10th of June 2017
(PS – I apologise if I have missed anyone)
The committee would sincerely like to thank the Royal Society of St George who kindly donated the rosettes for the children taking part in the Denton Challenge again this year.
The Denton Challenge Committee have been very busy over the last few weeks getting everything in place for the Event this Saturday.
The stalls, attractions and activities are ready and the arena timetable has filled up with lots of exciting displays.
The format of the day is the same as previous years. Local sporting groups and charities provide sporting challenges for the children to take part in. All you need to do is go to the Main Tent and pay £1.50 per child for a scorecard, which enables them to try as many challenges as they want. Once they have completed their scorecard, return to the Main Tent and the children will be awarded a ‘Denton Community Challenge – Summer of Sport’ Rosette, they will also be entitled to a free burger after 4pm from the Scouts BBQ.
We are hoping this year that we will be able to try a Guinness World Record Attempt at ‘Tunnel Ball’ 2pm on the day, we just need over 130 people to join in! You will be able to sign up on the day, just make your way to the Main Tent.
So lots to look forward to and now all we need to add is some good old British Sunshine!
See you there!
Denton Community Challenge Committee
For the latest news check out our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/DentonCommunitychallenge/